Idavoll is an implementation of a generic Publish Subscribe component for jabberd in Python.
* Creating nodes (including so-called instant nodes)
* Subscribing and unsubscribing
* Publishing items + subscribers getting notifications
* Requesting a previously published item
* Retracting a previously published item
* Purging all items for a node
* Deleting a node
* Configuring a node
* Requesting current affiliations
* Disco Info and Disco Items support
The Jabber support in Twisted needs some patches here and there. One of the patches is stringprep support for JIDs, a must-have. Twisted development is in a state of flux, as their upcoming 2.0 release will probably be split up in several packages, and the Jabber modules have been moved around. Also, dizzyd, who wrote the Jabber support for Twisted is busy with non-Jabber stuff, and I have to somehow get my patches in Twisted’s codebase. I’ll try and coordinate this with dizzyd in the coming week or so. In the meanwhile, I’ll probably have to distribute my patches to Twisted along in the Idavoll release, but I am not sure how to go about that, yet. For now, just checkout the code from the CVS repository, and give it a whirl. I will be more than happy to do some hand-holding.